It’s time to start thinking about E-rate applications for the coming year, beginning with your technology plan. A technology plan is required before requesting and receiving E-rate discounts on all services other than basic telephone service.
The basic requirements for a technology plan are as follows:
* It must be written before the Form 470 is filed.
* It must cover all 12 months of the funding year for which discounts are being requested.
* It must contain all five required elements.
* It must be approved by the State Library of Ohio before the Form 486 is filed or services start, whichever is earlier.
* In general, it cannot cover more than three years.
The State Library is hosting a webinar this Thursday, 10/22 at 3:30, featuring Kendra Morgan, TechAtlas Project Coordinator at WebJunction, who will guide participants step-by-step through the process of using TechAtlas to create an appropriate technology plan.
Then next week, on Wednesday 10/28 beginning at 9:30, Lorrie Germann from eTech Ohio, our E-rate consultant, will lead a day-long workshop on creating the Form 470. This will be followed by another workshop on Monday 12/14 on creating the Form 471, the last step in the process of applying for E-rate approval.
You may sign up for any or all of these training opportunities by going to http://host6.evanced.info/ohio/evanced/eventcalendar.asp
Stephen Hedges, Director
Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)
2323 W. Fifth Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43204
614-728-5250 AIM: hedgesst