Ohio Northern University’s Heterick Memorial Library invites applications and nominations for the position of Collections and Electronic Resources Librarian.
Rank: Tenure track, 12 month contract. Salary and rank commensurate with experience
Employment Start Date: February 1, 2010
Job Summary: The Collections and Electronic Resources Librarian works with faculty staff and students to ensure the acquisition, delivery and usage of information resources needed to support the educational and research mission of the University.
Qualifications – Required
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to develop resourceful solutions.
- The Librarian must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; s/he must work well in a complex, multi-tasking environment.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Minimum of one year’s experience in one of the following areas; acquisitions, interlibrary loan/ documents delivery or E-serials management. Persons without experience in the above areas but with a strong interest will be considered.
- Professional experience with accounting procedures and budgeting processes and practices. Previous experience working with vendors in negotiating license agreements.
- Working knowledge of standard computer office applications such as Access and Excel. Familiarity with a serials database such as Serials Solutions. Familiarity with OCLC and integrated library systems
For more details see: http://www-new.onu.edu/node/22109
Applicants should send curriculum vitae, transcripts and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and E-mail addresses of at least three persons who have recent knowledge of the background and potential of the applicant to:
Paul Logsdon, Director
Heterick Memorial Library,
Ohio Northern University
525 S. Main St.
Ada, Ohio 45810
Application Deadline: Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
The mission of the library is to provide the institution’s undergraduates and faculty with resources, services and facilities to support their educational endeavors. The 75, 000 sq. ft. Heterick Memorial Library was opened in 1968 and expanded and renovated in 2000.
Facilities include individual and small group study carrels, study rooms and classrooms.
The building has wireless service throughout and over 300 power and network connections. Two computer labs, with 32 machines are available on a walk-in basis. The Spar/Wintzer Music Media Lab provides computer facilities for music students.
The library is a member of OhioLINK, a statewide resource-sharing network which provides access to collections state-wide.
The library maintains POLAR, the university’s on-line catalog, and provides access to over 200 databases, more than 8979 electronic journals, and a growing number of electronic books. The local collection of some 275,000 volumes is supplemented by efficient interlibrary loan services and resources from other OhioLINK libraries.
Founded in 1871, Ohio Northern University, located in West Central Ohio, is a private university offering a diverse, dynamic and unique learning community, with rigorous professional programs in partnership with the arts and the sciences. Its 3,500 students study for graduate and undergraduate degrees in five colleges: Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration, Pharmacy, and Law. Ohio Northern takes pride in being a student-centered, service-oriented, values-based institution.
Fringe benefits include health insurance, tuition support for family members, TIAA-CREF retirement program and 20 days annual vacation.
Acquisitions / Systems Librarian,
Heterick Memorial Library,
Ohio Northern University,