The Ohio Heritage Partnership is a collaborative effort of the State Library of Ohio and the Ohio Historical Society, with project support from the Intermuseum Conservation Association and is funded by an Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Connecting to Collections Statewide Preservation Planning Grant.
In January 2010, the Connecting to Collections survey was distributed to over 800 institutions statewide responsible for preserving Ohio’s cultural heritage. This was followed by the Ohio Connecting to Collections Summit held on May 7 in Columbus. As the Partners develop the Ohio Cultural Heritage Strategic Plan, regional meetings are being held around the state. The goal of the regional meetings is twofold. It will provide the Partners another way to obtain feedback from Ohio’s cultural heritage institutions on the future direction of preservation in the State of Ohio. And, half the day will be an educational program for preservation and conservation practitioners.
Dates and locations are:
- July 15, 2010 National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Cincinnati
- July 20, 2010 Athens Public Library, Athens
- July 21, 2010 Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware
- July 26, 2010 Bedford Historical Society, Bedford
- July 29, 2010 Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green
All meetings will run from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, and are free. The agenda includes:
- 1:00 PM – 1:15 PM Welcome and introductions
- 1:15 PM – 1:30 PM Background and Introduction to the Project
- 1:30 PM – 2:15 PM Discussion of Survey Results and Overview of the Summit
- 2:15 PM – 2:30 PM Break
- 2:30 PM – 3:20 PM Education Resources and How to Prioritize Collection Needs
- 3:20 PM – 3:45 PM State of Digital Preservation
- 3:45 PM – 4:00 PM Questions, Next Steps, and Wrap Up
To register go to: http://host6.evanced.info/ohio/evanced/eventcalendar.asp. (You will need to tab from June to July)
More information on the Ohio Connecting to Collections project can be found at: http://oh.webjunction.org/ohconnectcollect.
This project is funded by an IMLS Connecting to Collections Planning Grant.