The State Library of Ohio offers training and development opportunities for Ohio library staff. We also help Ohio libraries develop training and programs for staff and patrons on a variety of topics. To set up a customized training session, contact Library Consultant Evan Struble at (614) 752-9178 or email .
Current offerings from the State Library of Ohio
Training Calendar provides a schedule of trainings offered by the State Library of Ohio. To register for trainings, select the workshop from the calendar and complete the registration form. You can also filter the offerings by selecting “Event Type – Libraries”.
More from the State Library of Ohio
- Free Webinars Each month the State Library provides a round-up of free webinars from around the country. Descriptions and registration information for the webinars are posted to the State Library’s website and blog .
- Embracing eBooks on July 17, 2013 will provide public services staff with a well-rounded picture of the current state of eBooks and eReaders in libraries
- Preservation Boot Camp on July 31-August 1, 2013 will showcase Ohio best practices and bring together teams of library and museum staff to help them preserve cultural heritage collections
- ILEAD USA is an immersive continuing education program that develops library leaders through projects based on community needs using technology. The State Library is a partner in a $470,000 Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program awarded by IMLS to the State Library of Illinois. Partnering states are Illinois, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio and Utah. In-person sessions take place on March 26-28, June 18-20, and October 22-24, 2013.
- Technology Petting Zoo Library Consultant Mandy Knapp brings a number of devices to your library for your staff to learn and practice on. Get you eBook questions answered at this casual training. Request appointments using the online form.
- Take Five! An Ohio Youth Services Dialogue on Challenges, Solutions, and Emerging Best Practices will take place on Friday, May 9th at the Akron Summit County Public Library and the Akron Art Museum . The third annual event will feature presentations and conversations with youth advocates from public libraries, school libraries, museums and arts on current issues for library youth services. Optional evening activities take place the evening of Thursday, May 8th. Registration is $15 and is currently open.
- Library Leadership Ohio Planning is currently underway for the leadership institute’s 2014 class.
- Ten Minute Tutors These short self-paced tutorials can be accessed any time and provide basic instruction for using a number of online library resources. Each tutorial also includes a handout that you can download and print for review.
- Archived Presentations View past webinars and presentations from State Library staff.
- Coming soon Resources to help provide digital literacy training to your patrons.
Offerings from other Ohio library continuing education providers
Academic Library Association of Ohio
Ohio Library Council and the Ohio Public Librarian Certification
Ohio Library Support Staff Institute (The 2013 OLSSI will be July 28-30 at Heidelberg University.)
Regional Library Systems
WebJunction Course Catalog