Unmask your original video!
Deadline February 20, 2015
Librarians: The Teen Video Challenge is a CSLP-sponsored competition for teens to create videos that promote reading, libraries, and the 2015 CSLP theme, Unmask! Download the Ohio entry form (PDF) and promotional flyer (PDF) An MS Word version (customizable) of the promotional flyer is also available. A TVC Resource List (PDF) lists sites that explain the concepts of copyright and public domain, and tools to help teens create their videos. See below and check out the CSLP Teen Video Challenge page for all the details.
Teens! Create a video promoting summer reading at the public library. Include your interpretation of 2015 teen slogan Unmask! and you could win $150 for yourself and an award for your public library.
One winning video created by a teen or group of teens will be selected as the Ohio winner in the national Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2015 Teen Video Challenge. All state winning videos will be official 2015 CSLP promotional videos and will be viewed nationwide.
Any Ohio teen or group of teens ages 13-18 may enter.
How to enter:
1. Download the Ohio entry form (PDF). Read all instructions provided on the entry form.
2. Download the model release form (PDF). Anyone may appear in your video (it does not have to be teens only), but every person appearing in your video must complete and sign a copy of this form.
4. Create your video!
5. Title your video: “2015 TVC - OH - Unique Name”. Please choose a unique name that does not include your real name. Example: 2015 TVC – OH – SuperVillains.
7. Complete and sign the entry form and model release form(s).
8. Mail, email, or fax the forms to 2015 Teen Video Challenge at the address on the entry form by February 20, 2015.
What’s at stake:
CSLP will award $150 to one Ohio 2015 Teen Video Challenge winner or winning team. The library listed on the entry form will receive an award worth $50 from CSLP and Upstart. The winner will be notified in late spring 2015.
All the state winning videos will be posted on the CSLP website and will be available for libraries in Ohio and all around the USA to use to promote the 2015 summer reading program.
The Ohio winner and all notable Ohio videos will be linked on the Ohio Summer Reading Program page.
The fine print:
The Ohio 2015 Teen Video Challenge is open only to legal U.S. residents who are residents of Ohio aged 13 to 18. Participants are ineligible if directly related to the panel of judges for the contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. Each participant or group may submit one video per entry. Signed Model Release form(s) must be included with each entry. All entries must be submitted by February 20, 2015 to the address on your entry form. Late entries will not be accepted. A DVD of the video will be requested from the state winner.
Terms and conditions: All music and artwork must be created by the entrant or be in the public domain, and must be specified as such on the entry form. CSLP (and all CSLP member affiliates) have the permission to use the 2015 Teen Video Challenge submissions, including all work created and all intellectual property embodied therein, as per the Model Release form.
All videos must:
* Be 30 to 90 seconds long.
* Promote the idea of using public libraries and reading.
* Include your interpretation of the 2015 CSLP teen slogan “Unmask!”
* Be designed for use at any library. (The video must be usable to promote summer reading at any public library nationwide. For example, the video should not state “Visit the ABC Public Library” but it is OK for your public library's signs to appear in the video.)
* Be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages.
Consider including closed captioning to make your video accessible to people who are deaf of hard of hearing. YouTube has instructions for adding captions to your video.
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
Message clarity and relevance
Motivation and inspiration
Questions? Email email@example.com.
|Ohio TVC 2015 Entry Form||350.55 KB|
|Ohio TVC 2015 flyer (PDF)||534.32 KB|
|Ohio TVC 2015 flyer (Word)||1.78 MB|
|2015 TVC Resources||134.61 KB|