Guiding Ohio Online icons banner

Guiding Ohio Online

Guiding Ohio Online is a State Library administered competitive LSTA (Library Services and Technology Act) grant.  The purpose of the grant is to allow libraries in rural Ohio to hire a dedicated technology trainer for their library. The technology trainer is hired as an independent contractor in a full- or part-time capacity depending on the needs of the library for a 1-year period.  The current year’s grant period is from October 1, 2017 – September 30, 2018.  Trainers can assist with computer instruction, technology-focused community outreach, one-on-one instruction, and other technology related duties.

The LSTA funding covers 75% of the project costs; the remaining 25% must come from a local cash match. This cash match typically comes from the library, but may come in whole or in part from a partner organization. Please be aware that the cash match cannot come from another federal funding source.

Applications and Proposed Budget Forms for the 2018-2019 Guiding Ohio Online program are due May 18, 2018. If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding the funding or budget of Guiding Ohio Online, please contact the LSTA Office at lsta@library.ohio.gov or by calling 800-686-1532 or 614-644-6863. If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding Guiding Ohio Online trainers, hiring best practices, etc. please contact Technology Consultant, Anne Kennedy at akennedy@library.ohio.gov or by calling 614-466-1710.
2018-2019 Guiding Ohio Online Application

Whether you’re a current Guiding Ohio Online library or considering joining the program for the first time, come to one of the in-person training sessions to learn about the program in general, how it works, how it’s funded, the reporting required, and how to apply. Interested libraries can receive in-session help on filling out their applications and budget sheets from State Library staff.  There will be five workshops during the month of April and early May on the Guiding Ohio Online application process.

SERLS in Wellston, Ohio
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register at:  http://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=981

Greene County Public Library in Xenia, Ohio
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register at:  http://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=982

NORWELD in Bowling Green, Ohio
Thursday, April 26, 2018

10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register at: http://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=983

State Library in Columbus, Ohio
Wednesday, May 02, 2018
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Register at: http://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=984

Workshop Presentation PPT (PDF)

If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding Guiding Ohio Online trainers, hiring best practices, etc. please contact Technology Consultant, Anne Kennedy at akennedy@library.ohio.gov or by calling 614-466-1710.

View the following recorded webinars for tips and more information about Guiding Ohio Online.

GOO Program Best Practices

GOO Narrative Reports 101

GOO Financials 101

Because Guiding Ohio Online is an LSTA grant, there are required narrative and fiscal reports due at the end of each quarter. The dates of the quarters are:

October 1 – December 31
January 1 – March 31
April 1 – June 30
July 1 – September 30

Forms for submitting Guiding Ohio Online reports are available on the Report Forms tab of the LSTA page.