Looking for an entertainer for your summer library program, or for a special performance any time of year? The following performers are based in Ohio, or available for bookings in Ohio with modest travel fees.
This listing includes entertainers who have participated in an Ohio Youth Services Performers Showcase event co-hosted by Ohio’s Regional Library Systems and the State Library, plus other entertainers recommended by Ohio public librarians. These professional performers provide entertainment for children 5-12. Some also offer programs for teens, families/all-ages, and others. Inclusion in this listing does not constitute endorsement of specific performers by the State Library of Ohio. Links and information are provided solely for the convenience of libraries.
Please recommend your favorite performers! Email Janet Ingraham Dwyer with each performer’s contact information, and include a brief recommendation to share with other librarians. See the recommendations linked below for examples.
For more performer listings, download the 2020 SLP Performer Information directory produced for the SERLS/COYS Summer Library Program workshop held in January 2020. This directory was researched and compiled by Kelly Cochran, Andy Bartlett, Bridget Dailey, and Marley Krivchenia of Delaware County District Library. It builds on previous work by Connie Pottle (Delaware County District Library), Ashley Mensah (Westerville Public Library), and Karen Bell (Columbus Metropolitan Library), and focuses on performers/presenters who book children’s programs in central Ohio.
- Lindsay Bonilla: Author and Storyteller – and see Lindsay’s 2021 summer promo video.
- Adele Browne – email Adele!
- Robin Echols Cooper – email Robin, watch a performance video, and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Eden Valley Enterprises also download the flyer for their Tell Me a Story program (PDF).
- Jim Flanagan, also download his program flyer (PDF).
- Ellen Ford will bring her unique instruments, including a bowed singing saw and musical water glasses, to encourage summer readers to sing, play and make the library “rock”!
- Lynette (Lyn) Ford
- Teri Lott: Lotts of Tales – and read a recommendation from Ohio librarians.
- Frank McGarvey, Storyteller – email Frank!
- Queen Najla and the African Culture Company
- Julie O’Keefe McGhee – email Julie or contact her at (614) 891-6736, and read some recommendations from Ohio teachers.
Singers, Musicians, Music Creation Programs
- Eric Ahlteen/Mr. Eric’s Music – and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian
- Margot Bevington – also check out her Facebook page and read a recommendation from a Maryland librarian.
- Joanie Calem – also check out her Song and Story Programs for Summer 2022 flyer (PDF) with links to Joanie’s social media and a list of available programs.
- James Coffey, M.Ed., Award-Winning Family Music Singer/Songwriter – also download his program flyer (PDF).
- Cooking Caravan
- Steve Featherston – email Steve or check out his Facebook page, also read some recommendations from Ohio librarians.
- Miss Lynn, a traveling Nashville-based maker of music and former children’s librarian. Read a recommendation from a Tennessee librarian.
- Zak Morgan – also watch his video, The Case of the Dry Markers
- Lee Murdock
- Musical Mark – check out his Facebook page and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Queen Najla and the African Culture Company
- Chip Richter – Music for Kids and Families
- Chris Rowlands – email Chris and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Bill Schilling – Folk-Style Singer and Multi-Instrumentalist
- Tom Sieling – email Tom!
- Spoon Man
Magicians, Jugglers, Illusionists
- David Cain, world champion juggler and juggling historian – email David and download his library program flyer. Also, read a recommendation from an Ohio teacher.
- Erica Carlson
- Greg Carson, Magical Entertainer
- Cody Clark Magic – read Cody’s introductory letter to librarians and a recommendation from an Ohio teacher.
- Bob Durante/Zap Entertainment – read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Magic Nate – read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Matt Jergens – Comedy and Juggling Shows
- Merlin the Magician
- My Nose Turns Red Youth Circus
- PJ’s Magical Events (Chris Burton) – also check out the Facebook page for PJ’s Summer Reading Programs and read a recommendation from a Kentucky librarian.
- Professor Tony Sweetland – read a recommendation.
- Remy and Friends Entertainment
- Rory Rennick – enjoy a video preview of Rory’s Henry ‘Box’ Brown Show
- Tom Sparough, the Space Painter
- Jeff Wawrzaszek (A2 Magic) – read Jeff’s Magic Revue description and contact info and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Mark Wood Fun Show
- Cameron Zvara – read a recommendation from a Michigan librarian.
Theatre, Dance, Art, Puppetry
- Michael Roy Baldridge/Cirque du Papier – and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Erica Carlson
- Roger Jerome – Solo Theatre Artist
- Shenee King / African Dance – email Shenee, watch a performance video, and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Learning Through Art Inc.
- Madcap Puppets
- Jeff Nicholas
- Adam Pate, Caricaturist, Something Fun and Different Entertainment Company – and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- A Real Mad Hatter puppetry, magic, and bubble shows – and read a recommendation from an Illinois librarian.
- Mike Siculan – email Mike and read a recommendation from an Ohio teacher.
- Reed Steele – Mime, Arts and Theater programming
- The Stevens Puppets
- Alex Thomas and Friends – offering interactive puppet shows and hands-on animation workshops. Read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian and a recommendation from a Michigan librarian.
Science and Animal Programs
- Paul Adams/“Dr. T. Rex” – email Paul and read some recommendations from Ohio librarians.
- The Caravan, a food education company.
- Crystal Clear Science – and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Jungle Bob
- Mad Science of Northeast Ohio
- Reed Steele STEM programming – email Reed for information on his aerospace education programs.
- Whiz Bang Science Show (Dr. Dave Lohnes) – and read a recommendation from an Ohio librarian.
- Winterberry Homestead / Lindsay Sprague – and read a recommendation from a New York librarian.